Convert LoadRunner to Open-Source Selenium in Minutes
More than half of developers find open-source community support an important factor when choosing the load testing solution. 77% of developers agree LoadRunner isn’t suitable for open-source initiatives. That’s why we recommend LoadRunner users to search for newer tools when starting a new testing project.
The free Script Converter can convert LoadRunner TruClient to Selenium and LoadRunner HTTP to Apache JMeter™ and LoadRunner in minimum time. You can also convert to Taurus and BlazeMeter. In the last blog post we explained how to convert your LoadRunner HTTP scripts to JMeter, Taurus and BlazeMeter. This time, we will show how to convert to Selenium.
How to Convert Your LoadRunner Scripts to Selenium
1. Go to https://shiftleft.blazemeter.com
2. Compress your TruClient/HTTP script directory to a zip file. Upload the zip file to the converter.
3. Let the script conversion tool take it from there.
4. Once the script conversion is complete, click on “Download from BlazeMeter”. If you need to, sign up to BlazeMeter for free.
5. Download the compressed converted ZIP file.
6. Open the downloaded file and open the folder named “Your JMeter or Selenium Scripts”.
7. Copy the Python files to a folder on your computer.
8. Open the Python file in Selenium (install Selenium if necessary). Adjust the script if you need to and run it.
That’s it! You just ran your LoadRunner file in Selenium with a few easy steps.
To learn more about switching from LoadRunner to open-source check out these three blog posts:
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying about LoadRunner and Start Loving JMeter
- Why LoadRunner Users should Give JMeter a Chance
- 7 Reasons JMeter is Easier to Use Than LoadRunner
BlazeMeter also offers free LoadRunner to Selenium and open-source script consultancy services. Click to learn more.